Recipe courtesy of yummy.com
- 1 head of cabbage (about 3 lbs.)
- 4-6 thin slices of corned beef
- 8-10 small red potatoes
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ cup of Two Rivers Olive Oil (feel free to add one of the flavored varieties)
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of grated carrot
- 1 Tablespoon of minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons of caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the corned beef on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Crisp in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Steam the potatoes in the microwave for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters retaining the core to help hold the pieces together.
- Drizzle about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over each wedge. Rub some of the oil over the wedge and in between the layers of cabbage.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cabbage wedges on a foil lined baking sheet, with one flat side down.
- Roast for about 20 minutes. Then turn the wedges to the other flat side and roast another 15 minutes.
- Some of the outer leaves may burn, but remove those before serving.
- To assemble:
- Spoon some of the dressing onto each serving plate.
- Place a cabbage wedge in the center.
- Break or tear a slice of corned beef onto the plate.
- Sprinkle with grated carrot.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and add them to the plate.
- Drizzle everything with the carrot-caraway dressing and enjoy.
Comments are closed