Celebrate Halloween with this spooky treat! Recipe courtesy of dabbled.org
Big firm olives (black & green). Try the olive bar at your local grocery, or you can go for the canned stuff. The olives need to be firm, not squishy. Jarred black olives work perfected fine for the pupil.
Technique:Use the olives to make your nice rounded iris and pupil. For the most rounded, slice of the end of a green olive, then use your straw to punch a hole in the center. Then slide of a piece of black olive, and use the straw to punch out a plug of black. Then place the black piece in the hole of your green olive. If it does stay level with the green, you can use a little cream cheese stuffed in the open end of the olive to hold the black in place.Note: You can make red pupils by using jarred roasted red pepper, peeled, instead of the black olives.Once you have enough eyeball pieces, arrange on top of sliced tomatoes, and a basil leaf.Drizzle the whole thing with Two Rivers EVOO and Aged Balsamic to scare everyone with a delicious treat!
- A large diameter drinking straw. McDonald’s straws are a perfect size.
- Marinated mini mozzarella balls. Giant Eagle has them locally in their Olive Bar.
- Optional: jarred red pepper slices.
- Tomatoes and Basil Leaves.
- Two Rivers Ultra Premium Olive Oil
- Two Rivers Aged Dark Espresso Balsamic Vinegar Condimento (or any of the other dark balsamics to your liking).
Comments are closed