Yes, Olive Oil Ice Cream!! Silky and soft ice cream without a machine!
- 5 T honey
- 4 T milk
- 4 T heavy cream
- 2 T lemon olive oil (or any fresh olive oil)
- Lemon Zest
- 3/4 t kosher salt (1/2 this amount if using regular salt)
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- Dark Raspberry balsamic vinegar (or balsamic of your choice, we tried coffee and coconut, yummm!)
- Whisk together honey, milk, heavy cream, olive oil, zest and salt until well combined.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk the heavy cream by hand or a stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- When you lift the whisk out of the bowl and flip it over, a peak of whipped cream should stand upright without flopping over.
- Take a dollop of the whipped cream and add it to the smaller bowl with milk and honey and stir vigorously .
- Add this mixture to the whipped cream and using a rubber spatula gently combine the two components by scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as you go.
- Repeat this folding to fully incorporate the cream while maintaining its air bubbles.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze at least three hours.
- To serve, let the ice cream thaw for 10 minutes before scooping.
- Drizzle with Dark Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
Watch the Video and follow us on Instagram & Facebook