Not only is this recipe good for a picnic side dish, but it makes an excellent topping for pork or hot dogs.
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, finely shredded (or 1 head radicchio for a spicy kick)
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- Carrots, finely shredded. Add to your desired amount (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup oil (Any mild Two Rivers Olive Oil single varietal EVOO like Arbequina)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
In a large bowl toss the green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots and red onion until mixed. Set aside.
In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, honey, and oil. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, dry mustard, and the celery seed. Allow the dressing to cool slightly. Pour the dressing over the cabbage. Toss to combine.
Allow the slaw to cool, then refrigerate until cold. Serve chilled.
*Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar gives this a slightly sweeter note compared to just a basic white vinegar.
Makes 10-12 servings
Comments are closed